When selling Self Fulfilled products, the photographer collects payment directly from their clients. For users with the Pro plan, two options are available for collection payment for these products.
- You can choose to not collect the payment and have the system only collect the order details. The order details will then be displayed in your account along with the client's contact information. You can then contact them directly to collect the payment.
- Alternatively, you can display a link to your Paypal account at the end of the transaction. Your clients can then use that link to pay you directly via Paypal for the order.
Advanced plan subscribers have the additional option to configure a Merchant Account to allow payments to be collected through a credit card processor. Click here for more information on setting up a merchant account to collect payments!
|Please note that these payment collection options only apply when selling Self Fulfilled products. Zenfolio collects payment directly for orders for Partner Vendor Fulfilled products and Digital Download products.|
Collecting Payments for Self Fulfilled products using PaypalTo collect payments for Self Fulfilled product orders using Paypal, you will need to set up a PayPal account with Paypal before you can begin using this feature. We recommend using a Premier or Business PayPal account. Either account type allows you to accept credit card payments from your clients in addition to paying through their own PayPal accounts. PayPal does charge fees for their service.
After setting up the account with Paypal, follow these steps in your Zenfolio to select Paypal as the desired payment collection method for Self Fulfilled products.
- In the Dashboard, click Settings from the top menu.
- Click Selling from the Selling menu on the left.
- Click Collect Payments.
- Click to select Use PayPal to collect payments during the checkout process.
- Enter your PayPal email address in the field provided and confirm it in the second field.
- Click Save to apply your changes.
Paypal Account Types:
- Personal: Recommended for individuals who shop and pay online, or wish to send or receive personal payments for shared expenses such as splitting of dinner bills or rental charges. We don't recommend that sellers open a Personal account to receive online payments, as the transaction fees are higher.
- Premier: Recommended for casual sellers or non-businesses who wish to get paid online, and who also make online purchases.
- Business: Recommended for merchants who operate under a company/group name. It offers additional features such as allowing up to 200 employees limited access to your account and customer service email alias for customer issues to be routed for faster follow-ups.
This information summarizes the difference/comparison between the three Paypal accounts.
Personal accounts are ideal if you shop online but do not sell many items. With a Personal account, you can:
- Make secure payments on eBay and merchant websites using your credit card, debit card, or bank account.
- Send and receive money from friends and family.
Premier accounts are like Personal accounts but have more options when selling items. With a Premier account, you can:
- Send and receive money.
- Make the same secure payments on eBay and merchant websites using your credit card, debit card, or bank account as you can with a Personal account.
- Apply for a PayPal Debit MasterCard®.
A Business account has all the abilities of a Premier account but adds many services. With a Business account, you can:
- Operate under your company or business name.
- Accept debit card, credit card, and bank account payments for a low fee.
- Manage users, allowing you to give separate access rights to each of your employees.
- Gain access to PayPal products that meet your business needs, such as Website Payments Pro or Virtual Terminal.
- Use PayPal Business Setup to set up your account in a short time.
- Apply for a PayPal Debit MasterCard.
Please visit the PayPal website for more information.
Client Refunds for Cancelled Self-Fulfilled Products Orders
Unlike Partner Vendor Fulfilled product and Digital Download product orders, the client pays the photographer directly for the all Self-Fulfilled product orders. So when a Self-Fulfilled product order is cancelled, Zenfolio will not be able to provide a refund to the client. Since the payment was made directly with the photographer, the photographer is the one that must provide the refund directly to the client.
Service Fee Refunds for Cancelled Self-Fulfilled Product Orders
For Partner Vendor Fulfilled product and Digital Download product orders, the service fee charged by Zenfolio when the order was placed is refunded back to the photographer when the order is cancelled.
For Self Fulfilled products, the service fee is not refunded when the order is cancelled. Unlike Partner Vendor Fulfilled and Digital Download orders, the payment for the order is handled outside of Zenfolio. Because of this, Zenfolio does not have a way to verify that the order was truly cancelled and that a refund was provided to the client.