- Clicking on Proceed to Checkout Causes the Page to Just Refresh
- Trying to Checkout but Seeing "Some Products Do Not Have Photos Selected"
- Trying to select a shipping method but seeing "Unable to ship to the specified destination...."
- Client sees this notice "Your order could not be placed at this time. Please contact the photographer for more questions"
- Client is seeing "This item is no longer available for ordering" or "The prices of the Products have changed"
- The images in the cart are not displayed. The client sees "Please return to your gallery and enter the password again"
- Other Common Ordering Issues
If you've added all of the desired items and you are ready to pay, but you are unable to continue because clicking on Proceed to Checkout causes the page to just refresh, then this points to a possible issue with the login cookie stored in the browser.
This can be resolved by either logging out of the account and then logging back in, or by clearing the browser's cookies then logging back in. Click here to see how to clear the cookies from a browser.
To complete the order, locate the product or products that are missing some images. They are denoted with Product configuration is incomplete: not all items are selected.
Click Edit next to those products to select images for printing on the product.
Trying to select a shipping method but seeing "Unable to ship to the specified destination. Please change the shipping destination for the order to continue checkout"
When this notice is displayed, it means that the products that are being ordered cannot be shipped to the address entered for the shipping destination.
This usually happens for one of two reasons:
- The products being ordered are Partner Vendor Fulfilled products and the partner vendor does not ship to the country entered as the shipping destination.
Please click here to see a list of the labs and the countries to which they can ship.
- The products being ordered are Self Fulfilled products and the photographer has not set up a shipping method that can be used to ship to the destination entered by the client.
This means that you will need to create a new shipping method for Self Fulfilled products that will allow for shipping to the destination entered by the client. If the client has multiple Self Fulfilled products in the cart, make sure that there is a shipping method that can be used to ship all of the products in the cart based on their size (small, medium, large, bulky).
Please click here to see how to create the new shipping method.
Client sees this notice "Your order could not be placed at this time. Please contact the photographer with any questions"
This is displayed when a coupon or gift certificate is applied to the order but the photographer has reached the maximum negative balance threshold allowed in their account.
To resolve this issue, make sure that the credit card on file is valid and up-to-date so that the negative balance can be charged to the card. Once the balance is charged to the card and cleared from the account, the client will be able to proceed with their order.
Click here to see how to review and edit the credit card on file in the account.
This occurs when changes are made to items in the client's cart after they have been added to the cart.
Client is seeing "This item is no longer available for ordering" or "The prices of the Products have changed"
In some cases, clients will add items to their cart to order at a later time. Then when they revisit the cart, one of those notices will be displayed if the photographer has made some change to the photos and products in the cart.
This can also happen when trying to re-order a previously placed order but some changes to the photos or products have been made since the order was originally placed.
- For this notice The prices of the Products have changed, the client can proceed with the order after refreshing the cart. That will apply the changes to the products in the cart and allow them to complete their order.
- For this notice This item is no longer available for ordering, you will need to undo the changes made to the photos that are being order or to the price list assigned to the images being ordered to allow the client to complete their order.
The changes that can cause this notice include:
- The photographer has deleted the images that are being ordered or they have set those images to Private in Access Control.
- A different price list has been assigned to the images or there is now no price list assigned to the images.
- The products being ordered have been removed from the price list assigned to the images.
The images in the cart are not displayed. Instead the client sees "Please return to your gallery and enter the password again"
If the thumbnail images in the cart are not displayed and are instead replaced with a gray thumbnail of a solar flare, it means that the the images have been locked with a password and the client will need to return to the gallery and unlock the gallery with the password. They can then go back to the cart and the images will be displayed.
This usually happens when the client adds items to the cart for ordering later on. When they return, they are required to enter the gallery's password again before the images are displayed in the cart and before they can proceed with their order.
This can also happen if the client has cleared the cookies from their browser.
If the images are replaced with the solar flare thumbnail but the notice about returning to the gallery and entering the password is not displayed, then it means that the photos that are being ordered have been set to Private in Access Control.
You can resolve this issue by going to the gallery that contains the images and setting the gallery to Public or Locked with a Password (make sure to share the password with the client).
Click here to see how to edit the Access Control settings of a gallery.
- Browser issue - Issues with the browser's cache, cookies or addons can prevent an order from being placed. To determine if the browser is the cause of the issue, try logging to the account using a different web browser, then try completing the order.
- Security Program issue - Some security programs can cause issues with placing orders. Try temporarily disabling the security program then try completing the order. Make sure to re-enable the program immediately after testing. Some programs to especially look out for are Trend Micro anti-virus and the HTTPS Everywhere addon.
- Domain Forwarding with Masking - Forwarding a custom domain to the Zenfolio site while using domain masking will prevent access to the cart and prevent orders from being placed. Instead, the domain should be pointed to Zenfolio correctly. Click here for how to correctly use a custom domain.