Problems within Zenfolio can often be resolved by clearing your browser cache. During frequent reviews of the same web pages and constant uploading and download of files, information can become corrupted. Removing that corrupted information from the cache and forcing the browser to download a new data copy tends to fix most common problems.
Below are links to solutions on clearing your browser cache for supported browsers:
- Internet Explorer 9, IE10 and IE11
- Mozilla Firefox (be sure to choose your operating system under the Customize this article column on the right side)
As browsers are constantly changing, the process of clearing the cache changes as well. Please contact Customer Support should these links need updating.
Disabling Add on's and extensions in browsers
There can also be issues that are caused by add-ons and extensions to your browser, and it is a good idea to make sure these are disabled if you are having difficulties navigating your Zenfolio pages.Below are instructions for disabling these add-ons for several browser types.
If you open a new browser in incognito mode in Chrome by using Ctrl + Shift + N this disables any extensions or add ons that can cause a conflict with viewing your site. For Mac users, hold the Command key instead of Control.
Disabling an add-on will turn it off without removing it:
- On the menu bar, click on the Tools menu, and then click Add-ons. The Add-ons Manager tab will open.
- In the Add-ons Manager tab, select the Extensions or Appearance or Plugins panel.
- Select the add-on you wish to disable.
- Click the Disable button.
- Click Restart now if it pops up. Your tabs will be saved and restored after the restart.
Internet Explore (IE):
Internet Explorer 10 may be a bit more complicated. Only certain versions of IE 10 will support add-ons depending on the version of Windows operating system that is being used.
For more information please click here.
Go to the Edit in your browser's menu and choose Preferences then Extensions, and slide the slider to off to disable them.
You may also find further instructions for disabling addons in this page.