This is done to prevent theft of your originally uploaded full resolution images and it also help to ensure that your images will always load with minimal loading delay. Your original image files are retained and remain unedited. The original image file is used for fulfilling orders.
The photos are converted to the different image sizes using the highest quality resizing algorithms available. Each photo is made available in the following sizes:
- Square thumbnail (60 x 60 pixels)
- Small thumbnail (80 pixels along the longest side)
- Medium thumbnail (120 pixels along the longest side)
- Large thumbnail (200 pixels along the longest side)
- Small image (400 pixels along the longest side for both horizontal and vertical photos)
- Medium image (580 pixels along the longest side for horizontal photos, 450 pixels along the longest side for vertical photos)
- Large image (800 pixels along the longest side for horizontal photos, 630 pixels along the longest side for vertical photos)
- X - Large image (1,100 pixels along the longest side for horizontal photos, 850 pixels along the longest side for vertical photos)
- XX - Large image (1,550 pixels along the longest side for horizontal photos, 960 pixels along the longest side for vertical photos)
Maximum Display Size
As part of controlling access to photographs and videos, you can specify the maximum size for the display image size that is available for your visitors to view. The main reason to limit image sizes is to provide an additional measure of protection against unauthorized use of your photographs and videos. The default display size for newly uploaded photos is Extra-Large but this can easily be changed.
The extra-large image size is sufficient for viewing the site when using the typical browser window sizes and monitor sizes used by most site visitors. If you are expecting many visitors with large very high resolution monitors such as Mac Thunderbolt monitors and 4K/5K monitors, we recommend allowing the XX-Large display image size to be displayed.
You also have the option to allow visitors to save and download these smaller display images for free. When you do, the largest of the display images sizes that they can download and save will be based on the largest allowed display image size.
Click here for how to allow site visitors to download the display images for free.
Also, all display images are available to the owner for direct linking, and embedding.
Please note that this differs from allowing site visitors to download copies of the full resolution display images for free. That is set through the gallery's Access Control panel. The settings for allowing the downloading and saving of display images is independent of the settings for allow the downloading of full resolution display images.
Click here for how to allow the downloading of full resolution display images for free.
Click here for how to sell Digital Downloads of your images.
How to Set the Maximum Allowed Image Size Displayed
Please note, while this can be changed for each individual photo, to avoid any confusion, it is recommended that this change be made at the gallery level so that the same settings apply to all of the photos in the gallery.
- In the Dashboard, go to Photos in the main menu
- Select the gallery you would like to change. Details about the gallery will be loaded into the Toolbox on the right side.
- Select Gallery Access in the Toolbox. A popup window will open.
- Uncheck 'Same as Containing...' if necessary.
- Go to the Photo Protection tab
- Mark the circle for the largest display image size that you would like to allow to be displayed.
- Click Save for the new settings to take effect immediately.