As part of controlling access to photographs, you can specify what size display images visitors can view. The main reason to limit image sizes is to provide an additional measure of protection against unauthorized use of your photographs. The default display size for newly uploaded photos is Extra-Large but this can easily be changed.
For a presentation on Image Protection please Watch This Video.
The extra-large image size is used almost exclusively for Slideshow presentations as well as the Dim the Lights photo view. If you do not wish to enable extra-large display sizes then Slideshow will default to the display size setting you have chosen in access control.
- Click to select the item you would like to apply access control settings to. Details about the item will be loaded into the Toolbox on the right side.
- Select Edit in the Access Control section of the Toolbox. A popup window will open.
- Uncheck the Same as Containing Item (Locked with password) checkbox.
- Select the Image Protection tab
- Check which display image size you prefer
- Click Save for the new settings to take effect immediately
Note: The above steps can be applied to multiple selected items as one operation.
Check out the Help section on display sizes for more information on exact sizes. You may also want to review the option to allow visitors to save smaller images based on the largest allowed image size.