The first step in publishing your photos is making sure they are in one of the supported file formats within the maximum file size allowed. The second step is adding them to your Zenfolio account. This involves transferring the files from your computer to the Zenfolio website by uploading them. This section addresses:
- Photo guidelines
- Uploading using built-in tools
- Uploading from a photo management applications
- Transferring your images from another photo hosting service to Zenfolio
- Downloading photos from Zenfolio to your computer
Note: This feature is only available if you subscribe to the Unlimited, Premium, or Premium Business plan.
Video clips may be uploaded and hosted through your account. These are converted to use the H.264 codec, so they may be viewed on all major platforms. The original video files are removed from the server, so we recommend you save any important video content.
Currently video files cannot be downloaded from the server and they are not available for purchase.
In order to host video on your website, clips must meet the video guidelines specified. Video clips that meet these requirements can be uploaded to the same galleries as photos, using the build-in uploading tools. Please see this link for a video presentation on How to Upload Video.
Functions specific to video:
Uploading using built-in tools
You have a choice of two standard built-in uploaders by Zenfolio for uploading both photos and video through your browser:
Note: Uploading video is only available if you subscribe to the Unlimited, Premium, or Premium Business plan.
1. The Zenfolio Uploader, which offers automated batch uploads of many files at once.
2. The Old Zenfolio Uploader, used in IE and older browsers, which do not support HTML5.
3. The HTML Uploader, which requires you to select files one-by-one.