The A Record allows web browsers to know the location (IP address) of your website. The settings below will point web browsers to your Zenfolio site when your Domain Name is used. Zenfolio will then direct visitors to your Zenfolio website.
The CNAME record is a type of record in the DNS which specifies that the domain name is an alias. The Alias name is the sub-domain you want to use. In this case you need to add the CNAME www.yourdomainname.com in the address bar of your Zenfolio site.
The steps provided are based on the last known setup for this domain's DNS administration page. If the steps are no longer accurate, please see this page for the most up-to-date instructions on editing the DNS records for this domain host.
Generally, following the steps below will let you change your DNS settings:
- Login to your Network Solutions account.
- Select Manage Account
- Click on My Domain Names.
- Locate your domain name and select the button Change Where Domain Points.
- Choose Advanced DNS.
- Click Continue.
- Under IP Address click Edit A Records.
Next to @ (None), enter this in the box that appears: 188.8.131.52
Click Continue, then on the next page confirm the request and Save Changes.
- In the Host Aliases (CNAME Records) section, click on the Edit CNAME Records button
- Type in the new Alias - the alias should be www.yourdomain.com (replace the yourdomain.com with your domain name)
- For the Refers to Host Name, choose custom.zenfolio.com if displayed in the drop down menu. If it is not displayed, choose Other Host then enter custom.zenfolio.com (don't change the 'custom' part) in the field provided.
- Click on the Continue button.
- A confirmation page will appear verifying that your records have been updated, review the information carefully, and then click on the Save Changes button.
Once you have finished these settings, it may take up to 48 hours for the changes to be seen across the internet, so please be patient.
Step 2Following the instructions in Step 1 directs your custom domain web traffic to Zenfolio. The next step is to set the domain to your Zenfolio account.
- Return to your Zenfolio account then go to Settings.
- Go to Website.
- Go to Custom Domain.
- Select Point a custom domain name to your Zenfolio pages.
- Enter your domain name. Be sure the domain you enter begins with www.
- Click Test DNS Setup.
If the Test comes back with the message The domain name is configured correctly, click Save and you are done.
If it comes back with This domain is not configured correctly, then you will need to wait longer or check your settings at your domain registrar.
Some common Issues to look for:
- A record pointing to Zenfolio was not created.
- There are multiple A records. There should only be one A record and it should be the one pointing to 184.108.40.206
- Cname Record is not pointing to custom.zenfolio.com. The custom part should NOT be edited or changed.
- Domain is using nameservers from another service. The domain should use the domain host's default nameservers.