If you’d like to make changes to your site Website View, you will need to go to Customize Website View.
Check out this video for a presentation on Customize Website View:
Accessing Customize Website View
In the Dashboard, hover your mouse pointer over Website then click on Customize Website.
The page will refresh with a new customization menu at the top, confirming that you are in the Customize Website View.
Customization Tools Found in Customize Website View
- The page type of the page currently being customized is displayed in the top left corner. Other page types include Gallery Thumbnails Page, Gallery Photo Page, Blog Post Page. etc.
- The main customization tools Presets, Themes, Layouts, and Options are displayed across the top. Depending on the layout applied to the page, page content options such as Background Content, Spotlight Content, Grid Content and Banner Content are also displayed here. Please see below for more details.
- Click Draft:Preview to see a Preview of the current customization settings in Customize Website View without the customization tools obstructing the page.
- Click Restore to undo the last Published changes.
- Click Publish to apply the customization settings in Customize Website View to the live visitor view of the site.
- The contents of the Site Menu are edited in the Edit Site Menu section.
- The customization tools that affect the entire site are displayed in the Site tools section. These tools are Site Preset, Site Header, Site Footer and Site Settings.
Explanation of Main Customization Tools
- The Presets can apply a preset combination of themes, layouts and options to the page. This is the fastest way to customize the way that your site is presented to visitors. Once applied, the Preset's combination of Themes, Layouts and Options are applied to all pages in the site-with all pages being set to automatically follow the default settings.
And even after applying a Preset, you can further customize any pages by selecting different themes, layouts and options.
- Themes control the colors and fonts used on the page. You can apply any pre-made theme or create your own custom theme.
- Layouts control the placement of different elements on the page.
- Options allow you to show or hide various elements on the page. This is used to further fine tune the site based on the Preset or Layout applied to the page.
- See this guide for more details on how to apply Presets, Themes, Layouts and Options.
The page content section displays content options such as Background Content, Spotlight Content, Grid Content and Banner Content. These are used to control the media content displayed on the page like the Slideshow, Photo Strip or Banner content.
See this guide for more details on editing the Site Menu.
See this guide for more details on editing the Site Header or Site Footer.
See this guide for more details on Site Settings.
Experimenting in Customize Website ViewFeel free to experiment with different combinations of preset, themes, layouts and options. Any changes that you make in Customize Website View are not applied to your actual site until you click Publish.
If you do not like the changes that you've made, click X and then choose Discard.
If you've published your changes but you do not like the changes, click Restore to undo the last set of changes that were published.
See this guide for more information on Restore and Publish.