This video covers how to create new blog posts. It also contains extensive information on the best way to add images to the blog post.
Creating new Blog Posts
Here are the steps for creating a new blog post.
- In the Dashboard, hover the mouse pointer over Website then click on Blog.
- Click New Post.
This will create a new blog post ready for you to edit.
- In the Title field enter the name of your post. A Friendly URL will be generated in the URL field that can be used for linking from external webpages. This may be modified if desired.
- Enter your Content in the content field. The formatting toolbar displayed across the top of the content field has a number of options to assist you.
- Enter your META description in the text field. This is used by search engines to help catalogue the post correctly. It is not seen by visitors in your blog but it is displayed when the blog is displayed in search results.
- Enter your Keywords in the text field. The most often used Keywords can be displayed in the blog sidebar, allowing your site visitors to quickly find blog posts by keywords.
Adding keywords will also help with Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
- If you added a photo or video to your post, it will appear as the Featured Photo. Otherwise you may select a Featured Photo that may appear as part of the blog summary.
- Check if you want to Allow Comments. You can customize how you want to allow commenting by checking the options provided.
- When your post is complete, click Publish Now or you may Schedule Post to publish at a later date.
Additionally, you can quickly post a photo with a descriptive caption and keywords to your blog by simply creating a Quick Post.
Blog posts are similar to Custom Pages in that the page's HTML content is editable and HTML content can be embedded into the blog post.
The steps for embedding content into the blog post is similar to embedding content into a Custom Page.
See this article for how to embed Content into a Blog Post or Custom Page.