The Zenfolio site contains a customizable built-in homepage that is used as the default web page of your site. This is the first page displayed when visitors use your site's web address (URL) to access your site.
The External Homepage feature is provided to give photographers the option to replace the built in homepage with a different web page.
This means that when your clients use the direct link to access your site, they will be automatically redirected to the other page that has been designated as the homepage. It also means that when the site visitor clicks on your site's logo, display name or a link to 'Home' on your Zenfolio site, they will be automatically redirected to the new homepage.
This featured can be used to set a different page in the Zenfolio account as the new homepage or it can be used to set a webpage outside of Zenfolio as the new homepage.
Some examples of the uses of this feature include:
- Using the blog included with the Zenfolio account as the homepage
- Using a Zenfolio built-in page such as the Client Access page, Contact page, Featured Galleries page, Search page, etc as the homepage.
- Using a custom page as the homepage.
- Using a gallery, group or collection in the account as the homepage.
- Using a webpage hosted with a different service as the homepage.
This feature can be used for integrating the Zenfolio site with an external site. Users that may want to keep their own existing Portfolio site or an existing Wordpress site can use this feature to use their Portfolio or Wordpress blog as their homepage. They would then use Zenfolio just for displaying galleries of their images and for selling those images to their clients.
We do recommend adding a link back to your Zenfolio site on your other site so your clients can reach your Zenfolio galleries. The link that you will need to add will be a direct link to either your Client Access page or your All Photograph's Group page. See this guide for how to find the direct link to the All Photographs group or any group, gallery, or collection in your account.
See this guide for more details on integrating your Zenfolio galleries or Client Access page with an external site.
Please note that using the External Homepage feature is not the same as using a custom domain (like evanchungphoto.com) to replace your site's default web address. Please see this article for how to use a custom domain with your Zenfolio site.
Click here to watch a tutorial video on how to use the External Homepage feature:
Setting a different page as the Homepage using the External Homepage feature
- In the Dashboard, click Settings at the top of the page.
- Select Website on the left side of the page.
- Select Home Page on the left side of the page.
- Select one of these options to use a different Zenfolio page as your homepage.
- Choose default homepage to keep using the built in Home Page
- Choose Zenfolio blog to use the blog included with your Zenfolio account as the home page
- Choose Zenfolio built-in page to select a built in page as the home page. Select the page from the drop down menu.
- Choose Zenfolio custom page to select a custom page that you've made as the home page. Select the page from the drop down menu
- Select the radio button for Use a home page hosted somewhere else. Add the URL to that Homepage in the text field provided. This option is used to set a group, gallery or collection in your site as the homepage. You'll need to enter the group, gallery or collection's direct link in the field provided.
- Click Save to apply your changes.