Slideshows can be displayed on various pages on your site. They can be displayed on your home page, group pages, gallery pages and collections.
This guide covers the slideshows displayed in your galleries and collections.
Please see these links for more information on displaying a slideshow in these other pages:
In your galleries and collections, your site visitors will have the option to view the images in the gallery in a slideshow. There will be a Slideshow button displayed in the gallery's Thumbnails Page and in the Photo Page. This is displayed in galleries by default but the option is also provided to hide the slideshow button.
|For Zenfolio users that signed up after May 10 2018, please click here for updated instructions using the new Photos Page in the Dashboard.|
Customize the Options Displayed in the Gallery/Collections SlideshowYou can customize which of the options are available to your site visitors when viewing a gallery/collection slideshow. You can also add a soundtrack to the slideshow.
To edit the Gallery Slideshow options, you'll need to access Customize Website View for the desired Gallery.
- In the Dashboard, go to Photos.
- Navigate to the desired Gallery under the Organizer.
- Hover the mouse pointer over Preview then click on Customize.
The page will refresh with Customize Website View displayed at the top, confirming that you are in the customization mode.
- In the top left corner, click on Gallery Thumbnails. From the menu that appears, click on Gallery Slideshow to switch to the gallery slideshow editing view.
- Go to Soundtrack to add music to the gallery/collection slideshow.
- Go to Options to customize different options used in the presentation of the gallery slideshow. Options include the ability to hide options and elements, slideshow transitions and durations, playing the photos in random order and more.
- Click on Save as Default to apply the same settings to all other gallery slideshows with default settings applied.
- Publish your changes before exiting Customize Website View to make those changes live on your site.
See this link for more details on how to add a soundtrack to the gallery slideshow.
Editing Slideshow OptionsAfter opening Options (Number 3 in screenshot above), the Options panel will appear.
- Uncheck Use Default Settings For Layout, Theme, and Options if necessary.
- Select the desired tab.
- Set the desired Options to Show or Hide.
- Click Apply.
Slideshow Options - Page ElementsThe elements in the Page Elements tab allows you to show or hide various elements that are displayed in the page when the slideshow is displayed. See screenshot above for reference.
Slideshow Options - Layout OptionsThis tab contains the option for controlling the width of the slideshow. Setting this to Dynamic will allow the slideshow to automatically configure their placement based on the width of the site visitor's browser window. Setting this to Fixed will set the the slideshow to a fixed width.
Slideshow Options - Slideshow tabThis tab contains the options for controlling the slideshow's playback behavior.
Gallery Slideshow Image Scaling
By default, images are scaled up to full screen when displayed in the gallery slideshow. When using smaller display images or viewing the gallery slideshow on large very high resolution monitors, the quality of the images may be compromised with the scaling enabled.
If the maximum display image size is set to a small size, allowing larger display images may help. You can see how to allow the largest display image size to be displayed (XX-Large) in this guide.
If it is expected that the gallery slideshow will be viewed mostly with very large high resolution monitors, then disabling the scaling would be recommended.