When photos are uploaded to Zenfolio, smaller lower resolution display images are automatically generated. These display images are the images displayed on your site.
This is done to prevent theft of your originally uploaded full resolution images and it also helps to ensure that your images will always load with minimal loading delay. Your original image files are retained and remain unedited. The original image file is used for fulfilling orders.
The photos are converted to the different image sizes using the highest quality resizing algorithms available. Each photo is made available in the following sizes:
- Square thumbnail (60 x 60 pixels)
- Small thumbnail (80 pixels along the longest side)
- Medium thumbnail (120 pixels along the longest side)
- Large thumbnail (200 pixels along the longest side)
- Small image (400 pixels along the longest side for both horizontal and vertical photos)
- Medium image (580 pixels along the longest side for horizontal photos, 450 pixels along the longest side for vertical photos)
- Large image (800 pixels along the longest side for horizontal photos, 630 pixels along the longest side for vertical photos)
- X - Large image (1,100 pixels along the longest side for horizontal photos, 850 pixels along the longest side for vertical photos)
- XX - Large image (1,550 pixels along the longest side for horizontal photos, 960 pixels along the longest side for vertical photos)
- Original photo (The original dimensions of the file you uploaded)
As part of controlling access to photographs and videos, you can specify the maximum size display image size that is available for your visitors to view. The main reason to limit image sizes is to provide an additional measure of protection against unauthorized use of your photographs and videos. The default display size for newly uploaded photos is Extra-Large but this can easily be changed.
The extra-large image size is used almost exclusively for Slideshow presentations as well as the Dim the Lights photo view. If you do not wish to enable extra-large display sizes then Slideshow and Dim the Lights will default to the display size setting you have chosen in access control.
You also have the option to allow visitors to save smaller images< based on the largest allowed image size.
|For Zenfolio users that signed up after May 10 2018, please click here for updated instructions using the new Photos Page in the Dashboard.|
How to Set the Maximum Allowed Image Size Displayed
Please note, while this can be changed for each individual photo, to avoid any confusion, it is recommended that this change be made at the gallery level so that the same settings apply to all of the photos in the gallery.
- In the Dashboard, go to Photos in the main menu
- Select the gallery who's settings you would like to change. Details about the gallery will be loaded into the Toolbox on the right side.
- Select Gallery Access in the Toolbox. A popup window will open.
- Uncheck 'Same as Containing...' if necessary.
- Go to the Photo Protection tab
- Mark the circle for the largest display image size that you would like to allow to be displayed.
- Click Save for the new settings to take effect immediately.